May 24, 2011

Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade

Queen of the Dead by Stacey Kade

Series: The Ghost and the Goth
Read my review of The Ghost and the Goth.
Next book in series: ?
Publisher: Hyperion Books
Hardcover: 288 Pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Add to Goodreads
Source: Hyperion Books @ Netgalley
Challenge: None
Overall: 4/5
After being sent back from the light, Alona Dare - former homecoming queen, current Queen of the Dead - finds herself doing something she never expected: working. Instead of spending days perfecting her tan by the pool (her typical summer routine when she was, you know, alive), Alona must now cater to the needs of other lost spirits. By her side for all of this - ugh - “helping of others” is Will Killian: social outcast, seer of the dead, and someone Alona cares about more than she’d like.
Before Alona can make a final ruling on Will’s “friend” or “more” status, though, she discovers trouble at home. Her mom is tossing out Alona’s most valuable possessions, and her dad is expecting a new daughter with his wicked wife. Is it possible her family is already moving on? Hello! She’s only been dead for two months! Thankfully, Alona knows just the guy who can put a stop to this mess.
Unfortunately for Alona, Will has other stuff on his mind, and Mina, a young (and beautiful) seer, is at the top of the list. She’s the first ghost-talker Will’s ever met—aside from his father—and she may hold answers to Will’s troubled past. But can she be trusted? Alona immediately puts a check mark in the “clearly not” column. But Will is - ahem - willing to find out, even if it means leaving a hurt and angry Alona to her own devices, which is never a good idea. 
First Paragraph: On television, ghost-talkers run antique stores, solve crimes, or stand on a stage in a nice suit giving the teary-eyed audience a toothy, yet sympathetic grin. 
Even though Queen of the Dead wasn't as good as The Ghost and the Goth, I really liked jumping back into Will and Alona's world! They are, as always, fighting, but you can really tell they are really starting to care about each other and set aside their differences. They find out that they really depend on being around each other all the time now.

I really love how there is romance in this book, but it isn't all what it's about. There is a big story around it, with just the romance bit thrown in there. It is VERY entertaining to read and I really hope there is a third one. If not I think I will seriously cry! The first book had me wanting more, but I could live if there wasn't a second book. But now it has left me wanting more with hoping VERY desperately there is another book to add to this series.

It is a very fast and cute read. I love that about this series. You can read it within a couple of hours, about 2, and it entertain you greatly.

I don't like the new character that was thrown in here. She just reallys bugs me. And Alona, ha ha! Even though Alona isn't the type of girl I'd hang out with. Actually, I would be trying to stay as far away from her as possible if I came upon a girl like her. Which is a huge surprise to me since she is one of my favorite characters. Funny how that works isn't it?

I just love her attitude! And I love how much she's grown since the beginning of the series. I guess death has done her a lot of good!

Even though Will and Alona are complete opposites and they bicker back in forth a lot and sometimes try to outdo themselves with annoying the other, I think they are meant for each other!

Overall, there better be a third book. This series is just too entertaining for this to be the end! So please Stacey Kade, write a third book! =)

Cover: I really like these covers. They are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...