Sep 5, 2011

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis

Never Cry Werewolf by Heather Davis
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: September 1, 2009
Hardcover: 224 Pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy:Amazon
Source: library
Challenge: Support Your Local Library 
Overall: 3 stars 
Moonlight can totally change your life. And it all starts so simply. You. Him. The moon. You’re toast.

Okay, so maybe Shelby has made a few mistakes with boys lately. But her stepmother totally overreacts when she packs Shelby off to brat camp. Suddenly, it’s good-bye, prom dress; hello, hiking boots.

Things start looking up, though, when Shelby meets fellow camper (and son of a rock star!) Austin Bridges III. But soon she realizes there’s more to Austin than crush material—his family has a dark secret, and he wants Shelby’s help guarding it. . . .



 Never Cry Werewolf is a short, fun read. It is pretty fast paced, but enjoyable. Shelby was a good character, but at the same time I didn't really connect with her full-heartily. All the characters were lacking a bit of depth, they were fun to read about, but didn't seem completely real. 


Shelby's step-mother really annoyed me, sometimes she seemed like she really cared, but then others you could tell it was mostly fake. She just wanted Shelby out of her and her new husband's life. I could tell Shelby really missed her mom. I felt really bad for her.  

She really annoyed me with the camp thing, I mean, to me it didn't sound too bad. I mean, it was a little annoying but it was a lot better than the desert camp her step-mother was wanting her to go to. So I really wish she wouldn't have been so whiny. 
Austin sounded hot! Seriously, hot accent, seemed kind of rocker boy style and he had a rocker dad! Awesome! I knew from the beginning about his dark secret, everything was a bit predictable. 


Overall, I don't really have much to say about this book other than it was an enjoyable read. It left me wanting to know more about what happened to Shelby and Austin after camp. There is a novella sequel on eBook called Sometimes By Moonlight. I might check it out when I can, I'm sad that she had to self publish it on eBook, it's only 92 pages! Oh well, maybe Harperteen will let her re-publish it through them on hardcopy and maybe she'll write a longer sequel. =) 

The cover is pretty, it fits the story well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...