Oct 6, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
(Bloodlines, #1)
*Note: Spin-off series of Vampire Academy
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: August 23, 2011
ARC: 432 pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Source: BookDivas
Challenge: 350 page
Rating: 5/5
When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning. 
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.


First of all, I am a HUGE Vampire Academy fan. Richelle Mead is a fantastic writer. You know how a lot of series start out AMAZING, but then each book keeps getting worse and worse until finally they are too horrendous to even think about? Yeah, well that is DEFINITELY NOT Vampire Academy. Each book got better and better and I was very sad to see it end. 


But, you know, the world didn't end. Richelle created another fabulous series. A spin-off series of Vampire Academy. When I first heard about Bloodlines, I was super ecstatic. But a little sad because I knew Rose wouldn't be the main character. 


When I got this in the mail from BookDivas, I freaked out and did my happy dance. Seriously. Outside my apartment with my neighbor to see. And then ran into the apartment screaming for my husband to see because he knew I was DYING for Bloodlines. 


Bloodlines didn't disappoint me. It took me  a little bit to read it because I didn't have much time and I just really didn't want to finish it, ha! Bloodlines is a bit different than Vampire Academy. You get to see through the eyes of Sydney, an alchemist, who grew up being brainwashed that all vampires were an abomination. (Say whaat?!)


So throughout her whole life, up until she met Rose, she completely despised vampires. You still see a lot of that with how she acts around them, but you can tell she is starting to have her own opinion about certain ones. 


Richelle didn't disappoint me with Bloodlines, ever since Vampire Academy I have had VERY high expectations for Richelle's writing. In Bloodlines, just like all her other books I've read, she grabs a hold of you and doesn't let go until the very last word in the book, and then leaves you thirsting for more. 


I can't wait to dive into the next book and see what will happen next in the alchemists world. And ooh la la, with Adrien. Hopefully there will be some love in the next one. I'm actually rooting for a certain sexy spirit user (You know who I'm talking about.) and a young, alchemist. =D


Overall, I really loved this book and can't think of anything that really bothered me about it, except the fact that two people that I wanted to get together didn't in this book. Boo!


I really like the cover. I think they found a dead on image for Sydney. =) 


The second book in this series is The Golden Lily. It will be released on June 19, 2012. (My b-day! Exciting!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...