Jan 30, 2012

Evermore, by Alyson Noel

Evermore, by Alyson Noel
(The Immortals, #1)
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Release Date: February 3, 2009
Paperback: 301 pages
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance
Buy: Amazon
Source: Own
Challenge: Off the Shelf
Rating: Photobucket
Shelf WorthyRecommendTo learn more information on my rating system, please click here!
After a horrible accident claims the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever Bloom can see people's auras, hear their thoughts, and know someone's entire life story by touching them. Going out of her way to avoid human contact and suppress her abilities, she has been branded a freak at her new high school-but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste. Damen is gorgeous, exotic, and wealthy. He's the only one who can silence the noise and random energy in her head-wielding a magic so intense, it's as though he can peer into her soul. As Ever is drawn deeper into his enticing world of secrets and mystery, she's left with more questions than answers. And she has no idea who he really is-or what he is. The only thing she knows to be true is that she's falling deeply and helplessly in love with him.
Gosh, I forgot how good this book was! The first time I read it, it was back in 2009 when it first came out! I never continued to the sequel because I got caught up with other books, but I decided to re-read it so I can catch up on this series! I'm glad I did, I got sucked in just like I remember doing when I first read it.

A lot of people like to compare it to Twilight, which really gets on my nerves because it is NOTHING like Twilight. I don't understand how people see it that way. I love Twilight, I really do. It's one of my favorite series, but Evermore is so much better. It has a very unique plot line, which I love.

The writing sucks you in. Noel definitely knows how to write. She has that tone to her writing where you fly through pages without realizing because it just flows so nicely together and as an aspiring writer I really admire it.

And the characters were unique and alive. From the outside, they seem like your stereotypical characters, but once you get to know them they have their own personalities that makes you pull away from it. I like most of the characters, except the popular crowd. They annoyed me. As per usual. But Ever was definitely a great character, though she did annoy me at times. But hey, being annoyed by her those few times really makes her that much more real. Also, I love her name! And I also love Damen, naturally. He's really weird at first, and kind of creepy, but oh so hot! And Haven and Miles, I'd love to be friends with them. They are so weird, and I love it. Though Haven definitely annoys me with her weird latch-ons to new friends like Drina. Ugh!

Overall, I enjoyed re-reading this book and I can say that I will most likely re-read it in the future sometime. This book is unique and has a lot of great things in it. A psychic main character, a hot mysterious love interest, mystery, and awesome friends!
The second book is called Blue Moon. It was released on July 6, 2009. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...