Feb 23, 2012

Fins Are Forever, by Tera Lynn Childs

Fins Are Forever, by Tera Lynn Childs
(Fins, #2)
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date: June 28, 2011
Hardcover: 262 pages
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance
Buy: Amazon
Read it in: 1 day
Source: Library
Challenge: TBR Pile
Rating: Photobucket
Shelf WorthyRecommendFavoriteTo learn more about my rating badges, click here!
On Lily Sanderson’s eighteenth birthday she’ll become just a girl—still a mergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all. 
Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she’s almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily’s father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin to stay with her on land. What did Doe do to get herself exiled from Thalassinia and stuck in terraped form, when everyone knows how much she hates humans? And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily’s former crush, Brody? 
The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily’s past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There’s a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?
Why did I wait so long to read this? I should of snagged this the day it came out and read it! I love this series, definitely my favorite series for mermaids. I love mermaids! I really need to start on some other mermaid books I've been looking forward to.

This sequel starts back a couple of weeks after the first one ended. Which I'm happy about, I hate when books have months or years in between their books. (Unless it's HP!) It made me remember what exactly happened at the end of the first book and I dove right in and fell in love all over again!

I'm happy with the amount of Quince in this book. I love him! Dosinia is also back in the sequel, at first I was very annoyed by her but I think she's starting to grow on me. I love Lily, Shannen and Aunt Rachel. Her Aunt Rachel reminds me of my great-aunt a bit, and it makes me smile. Shannen isn't seen much, but she's a great friend. Brody was in the sequel a lot too and it's very surprising who he begins a relationship with! I'm not going to go into much detail because I don't want to spoil it!

There is a new guy in the series now and I'm not sure if I like him or not. It all depends on how he's acting in the scene. Sometimes I think he's okay and other times I'm like, "Just go away!" I love when a book gets those reactions out of me.

Overall, this book was great. The ending is STILL driving me crazy though because I don't have book three. I can't wait for it to come out. I need it NOW! If you haven't read this series yet, do it. It's a great, fun, quick read. And it has mermaids!

The third book in the series is called Just For Fins. It will be released on July 3rd, 2012. Click here to read my review of the first book, Forgive My Fins

5 comments:

  1. I love mermaids too! I've read the first book, but not the second. I need to. I've got a bunch more mermaid books that are coming out on my TBR list too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to, it was great. =) Not as good as the first book, of course, but a lot more Quince. Oh how I love Quince. I have loads of mermaid books on my TBR list as well.

      Delete
  2. I've read Tera's Oh.My.Gods and it's sequel, Goddess Boot Camp. Wanted to get my hands on her Forgive MY Fins series. But sadly, I haven't been able to. Great review, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =) And I've been wanting to read her other books, but since you mentioned them I had to grab them when I saw them at the library! =D

      Delete
  3. OH WOW, I love this series!!! This book was Crabbtastic!! In Fins are Forever the story continues right where Forgive My Fins left off with Lily being madly in love with Quince but deciding that she is interested in giving up her crown in Thalassinia as future queen to stay as a human on land forever with her boyfriend Quince and seek out college and a new life.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...