Mar 15, 2012

Alpha, by Rachel Vincent

Alpha, by Rachel Vincent
(Shifters, #6)
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: October 1, 2010
Mass Market Paperback: 472 pages
Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Buy: Amazon
Read it in: 5 days
Source: Library
Challenge: TBR Pile
Rating: Photobucket
Shelf WorthyRecommendFavoriteTo learn more about my rating badges, click here!
The unscrupulous new Council chair has charged Jace, Marc and me with trespassing, kidnapping, murder and treason. Yeah, we've been busy. But now it's time to take justice into our own hands. We must avenge my brother's death and carve out the rot at the heart of the Council.It's not going to be easy, and loss seems unavoidable, but I have promised to protect my Pride, no matter what. With a target on my back and Marc at my side, I'm heading for a final showdown that can--that will--change everything forever. A showdown I'm not sure I'm ready for.But life never waits until you're ready.
I came to a conclusion today after finishing this last book. The final book. This is my number one favorite series. In general. I've known since the beginning of the series that it was my number one favorite ADULT series, but it's official that it's my number one favorite in general. So if you ever ask me what my favorite series is, and you don't specify, I'm going to have to say The Shifters series.

I'm not going to go into too much detail about this book because it's the last in the series. But all I can say is wow. I'm sad to see this is the end of the series, so very sad, but I love how it ended. Rachel couldn't have ended it in a more perfect way.

I cried so much in this book. I've cried so much in this series. Period. You just get hooked on the characters, even if they aren't the very front main characters, and when something happens you're hurt. I felt everything Faythe felt when something happened to this said character. It hit me hard.

Even though one of the deaths in the fifth book hit me hard, and I loved that person so much, I cried more with this person. Is that weird?

Anyway, this book was amazing. I loved it. I can't say which book was my favorite because they are all amazing. I can definitely say this one is high up on my top three lists for this book though.

The characters are amazing and real. Faythe is real. She makes mistakes, she gets her ass kicked in EVERY book. It's just...real. You know? A lot of people think they have to make their main character good at anything to do with the bad guys in the stories, but not Rachel. She made Faythe real. She made her have MAJOR flaws, she made her make stupid decisions that sometimes nearly costs someone their life. But she ALWAYS does it trying to stick up for who/what she loves.

And Mark. Ahh Mark. I love him so much. I love Jace too. But in this whole book I was all "OH. MY. GOD FAYTHE! WHY?!" and that's all I'm saying on that. Seriously. Read it and you'll understand.

All the characters grow so much during the series. Faythe definitely did. She goes from not wanting to be involved with her Pride, to live her own life, to nearly giving up everything to save her Pride. I admire her so much.

Overall, I really can't describe this book very well. Or my feelings. All I know is that it was filled with so much emotion and I loved it. There was a lot of violence and grief and just...so many tears. So much happened in a short period of time.

You should seriously think about picking this series up. It's amazing. It's real. It's so entertaining that you want to read it forever. Even if there were no real plot. Even if it was Faythe's day to day life. Her getting up, brushing her teeth, flipping pages in a book. You'd be entertained. Rachel did a fantastic job and now I want to finish her Soul Screamers series! Which is also amazing, well so I've read from the first book.

Note & Warning: This is an Adult series. There are some scenes  in this book that may not be suitable for those under the age of 16. 


This series is complete. Read my reviews for the rest of the series: Stray (#1), Rogue (#2), Pride (#3), Prey (#4), Shift (#5)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...