Mar 29, 2012

My Soul To Save, by Rachel Vincent

My Soul To Save, by Rachel Vincent
(Soul Screamers, #2)
Author Info: Website| Twitter | Facebook| Blog
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: December 29, 2009
Paperback: 279 pages
Genre: Young Adult Urban Fantasy
Buy: Amazon
Read it in: 9 days
Source: Library
Challenge: TBR Pile
Rating: Photobucket
Shelf WorthyRecommendTo learn more about my rating badges, click here!
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies. 
So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul. 
The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand. 
Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...
I can't believe it took me nine days to read this book. I had so much going on last week that I hardly had time at all to read! I didn't enjoy this one as much as I did the first book, though it was still interesting to read. I really liked learning more about Kaylee's abilities as a bean sidhe, and more about the Netherworld. Though it is definitely creepy!

You learn more about Tod in this book, which I liked because you got to know him a little more and realize he does really care about others! I really liked this side of him.

Also, Nash. *sigh* I can't wait to read more about him in the next book. You can tell Kaylee and Nash's relationship has grown since the beginning of the first book, but for some reason I didn't see that  much more growth in this book, but there was a lot going  on, so that was most likely the cause of it. I hope there is more growth in the next book!

I really love Kaylee's character. She will risk her life at the drop of a hat to save someone else's, even if she barely knows that person! She risks getting killed, getting bad grades from skipping school, and getting grounded! I also can't wait to see what other bean sidhe abilities she has!

Overall, I don't want to go into too much detail and risk giving away the plotline. All I can say is though I didn't enjoy it as much as the first book, I did enjoy it and I'm looking forward to the third book in the series. Rachel Vincent is a fantastic author! She's definitely on my "authors to automatically read" list.

The third book in the series is called My Soul to Keep. It was released on June 1, 2010
Read my review for the first book in the series:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...