Jul 8, 2012

Past, Present, & Future Reads, #27

Past, Present & Future Reading Pile is a feature I do on my blog every Sunday to keep track of the books I read the week before, the book I'm currently reading, and the books I'm hoping to read in the upcoming week.
                                                                                                                                      
Forgiven, by Jana Oliver
(The Demon Trapper's, #3)
Publisher: St. Martins Griffin
Release Date: March 27, 2012
The days are growing darker for 17-year-old demon trapper Riley Blackthorne. With her father’s reanimated body back safely, Beck barely speaking to her because of a certain hunky Fallen angel, and a freshly-made deal with Lucifer, she has enough on her hands to last a normal teenage lifetime. Though she bargained with Heaven to save his life, her ex-boyfriend Simon has told the Vatican’s Demon Hunters that she’s working with Hell. So now she’s in hiding, at the top of everyone’s most-wanted list. 
But it’s becoming clear that this is bigger than Riley, and rapidly getting out of control:  something sinister is happening in Atlanta… or someone. The demons are working together for the first time ever and refusing to die, putting civilians in harm’s way. Riley thinks she might know who’s behind it all, but who’s going to believe her? Caught between her bargain with Heaven and her promise to Lucifer, Riley fears the final war is coming – and it may be closer than anyone thinks…
I started this on Sunday and only was able to read a chapter before going to bed. J, my hubby, started reading the first book on Monday and I didn't get a lot of reading time in between the time he read and finish it and the sequel, Soul Thief. So by the time he was done, I was still reading Forgiven, I wasn't even past 100 pages yet! And he stole it, haha. So I took a few days off reading because I didn't feel much like reading, and he finished it toward the end of the week and I started reading it again. And I finished it today. My review will be up tomorrow. I'm so sad I finished it, but I'm looking forward to the fourth book. If you haven't read this series yet, you should definitely start them ASAP. The only reason I waited so long to read this one, when I was DYING to read it, was because it was supposed to be the last book and I didn't want it to end. And not too long ago Jana Oliver announced that there is a fourth book and IT will be the last book. It's current release date, that I know of, is December of this year. =D
Total: 1
                                                                                                                                       
Suite Scarlett, by Maureen Johnson
(Scarlett, #1)
Publisher: Scholastic Inc
Release Date: May 1, 2008
Her new summer job comes with baggage
Scarlett Martin has grown up in a most unusual way. Her family owns the Hopewell, a small hotel in the heart of New York City, and Scarlett lives there with her four siblings - Spencer, Lola, and Marlene.
When each of the Martins turns fifteen, they are expected to take over the care of a suite in the once elegant, now shabby Art Deco hotel. For Scarlett's fifteenth birthday, she gets both a room called the Empire Suite, and a permanent guest called Mrs. Amberson.
I haven't started this yet, but I plant to before bed. I'm excited! I've had this on my shelf for SO long and all the books I have read by Maureen, I've either loved or really, really liked. =D
                                                                                                                                       
Graceling, by Kristin Cashore
(Graceling Realm, #1)
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Release Date: October 1, 2008
Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight—she’s a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king’s thug.     When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change. She never expects to become Po’s friend. She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace—or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away . . . a secret that could destroy all seven kingdoms with words alone.
I currently have this checked out on my Kindle from my local library. I've been dying to read this for years, so I'm very excited to start this! This is actually the last eBook I have currently checked out, as I had to return Looking for Alaska before reading it. =( After I finish Suite Scarlett I hope to read this. =D

Enchanted, by Alethea Kontis
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Release Date: May 8, 2012
It isn't easy being the rather overlooked and unhappy youngest sibling to sisters named for the other six days of the week. Sunday’s only comfort is writing stories, although what she writes has a terrible tendency to come true.
When Sunday meets an enchanted frog who asks about her stories, the two become friends. Soon that friendship deepens into something magical. One night Sunday kisses her frog goodbye and leaves, not realizing that her love has transformed him back into Rumbold, the crown prince of Arilland—and a man Sunday’s family despises.
The prince returns to his castle, intent on making Sunday fall in love with him as the man he is, not the frog he was. But Sunday is not so easy to woo. How can she feel such a strange, strong attraction for this prince she barely knows? And what twisted secrets lie hidden in his past - and hers?
I know, I know. This has been on my Past, Present, & Future Reads post a couple of times. It keeps getting pushed to the side. After I read Suite Scarlett, this will be the last book left on my current list of ten. So I will definitely be reading this after Graceling so I can finish up my list of ten and put up a new one. =D
                                                                                                                                         
I know I didn't read a lot this week, but once I finally started reading Forgiven I got into it and was hooked. I love The Demon Trapper's series and I can't recommend it enough. It's definitely one of my favorite YA series. =) Hopefully I'll get in the game this week and read, read, read. =D I have a feeling Suite Scarlett will be done within a couple of days and that will jump start my week with reading. =D

I hope everyone has had a great week and weekend and that you read a lot of great books! Happy reading! Also, don't forget to let me know what you DID read this week, what you're currently reading and what you plan to read next. =D I love reading your comments and love adding new books to my lists on Goodreads! Even though I'm pretty sure I'm about to break my TBR shelf in half on there because of all the books on my list so far. O_O Every time I see the little girl reading in her chair on Goodreads, I'm scared I broke it! Ha ha! Anyone else get that feeling? ;)

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading Suite Scarlett! I really enjoyed it and I hope you do too(:

    Enchanted sounds really good too~

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a little bit of it today, only a little over 100 pages. But so far it's good! =D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...