Nov 6, 2012

A Touch Morbid, by Leah Clifford

Series: A Touch Trilogy, #2
Publisher: Greenwillow books
Release Date: February 28, 2012
Hardcover: 299 pages
Genre: YA - Paranormal
Read it in: 9 days
Source: Library
Challenges: Sophomore
Rating: ★ Shelf WorthyRecommend
Eden won the battle-she saved her true love from the darkest evil. But the war has only just begun. With secrets swirling around her, powerful allies unraveling, and life-and death-as she knows it eroding, Eden and those she loves tread dangerous ground. Can she trust anyone? Will her unearthly powers be her salvation or her downfall? A sweeping, dark, and sexy paranormal romance that will haunt readers with an inventive mythology and a cinematic New York City filled with shadows and longing.
When I read the first book, A Touch Mortal, last year; I fell in love. It was one of my top favorite books last year. It's taken me a while to finally grab a copy of this at the library, and I'm so mad for it! Though I didn't love A Touch Morbid as much as the first book, I still really liked it and I am still absolutely in love with this series.

The writing is amazing and flows extremely well and when I did have the time to read, I flew through the pages. I hate how long it took me to finish this because of not having time! If I could have, I would of sat there and finished the book in one sitting.

So much happens through this book and you learn more about how everything works in Eden's world and some of it is scary, but so intriguing! This series is so unique and I love it! I don't want to give anything away and spoil anything, so I won't go into too much detail.

Eden has grown a lot since the first book, but you can tell she's fighting something. She's having problems in this book and being really secretive about it. I was worried about it through the whole book, I was curious as to what it was, but still had a good idea of what it could be.

The point-of-views change between Eden, Gabe, Jarrod and Kristen, which I LOVED! I loved getting more in sync with Jarrod and also getting into Kristen's head. You get to learn a lot more about the character's and I was happy for that because though Kristen is really weird and a bit insane, I love her. Sometimes she aggravates the crap out of me where I just want to shake her and slap her, but she's one of my favorite characters. She's written extremely well!

There's a new character that pops up and she really bugged me at first, but I finally started being able to tolerate her and I'm REALLY curious as to how she's going to be in the third book because of what happens in the end!

And gah Luke. I hate him, but then I like him with Kristen. Is that bad?! He's so evil, but when he's around Kristen you get this kind of sweet and caring side of him. You can tell he really loves Kristen. But gah he's so EVIL!

And Gabe was one of my favorite characters in the first book, and I'm sad that you don't get to see TOO much of him in this book, but he is fighting something (Which you most likely know what if you've read the first book.). I really liked how he was fighting something, but still kind of was himself through parts of it. He fought it REALLY hard.

Which leads me to the ending of the book. WOW! I am just....wow. Leah really knows how to screw up your emotions. I cried through some of this because there was a part that was just heart-wrenching! I'm not going to say what, but just know that this will happen when you read this!

Overall, this was REALLY good. I'm sad that I didn't like it AS much as the first book, though very close, but I wasn't disappointed. I knew I wouldn't be! I can't wait to see all the amazing and epic things that will be happening in A Touch Menacing!
                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Author Info: Website | Facebook | Twitter 
Buy: Amazon | The Book Depository
Add it: Goodreads | Shelfari

The third book in this trilogy is A Touch Menacing. It will be released March 5, 2013.
                                                                                                                                                                                                   
Read my other review for this trilogy:
A Touch Mortal 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...