Here is week #3's prompt:
I want to know who the supporting characters are in the books you read that you like best and why they are so special to you. You don't have to make a list but I'm going to! (I think I'm list-obsessed... is there a support group for that?)
This is a bit of a hard question for me to answer, but I'll try my best to think of characters off the top of my head from some of my favorite books. So here goes!
- Eve, from The Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Vincent
Eve is a great supporting character. She's a loyal friend to Claire and the rest of the household. She's unique and not afraid to stand up for herself and her friends and to say what she means. Yet she also has a vulnerable side that you don't see very often, but is always there.
- Sydney, from The Vampire Academy novels by Richelle Mead You don't really meet Sydney until later in the series, but I loved her from the start when Rose met her in Siberia. She may be human (Also an alchemist!), but she is an awesome addition to the series. You really get to know more about her in Last Sacrifice, which gets you really hyped up for Mead's spin-off series, called Bloodlines, with Sydney as the main character. She's a very loyal friend to Rose, even if Rose is an evil creature in the eyes of the alchemists.
- Angela, from Unearthly by Cynthia Hand Yes, she's kind of weird at first and talks a lot, but I love her! I could totally see myself being friends with her, though she would probably annoy me at times. But she'd be one of those friends that annoys you, but you just can't be without them.
- Penn, from Fallen by Lauren Kate She may be a little dorky for her own good, but that's what I love about her. She's a bit of a goody, goody, but that works to her advantage when she's trying to help out Luce. She can slip in and out of somewhere they aren't really suppose to be, and not get caught.
- Balthazar, from The Evernight novels by Claudia Gray I may root for Lucas most of the time, but I would also love to see what would happen if Bianca and Balthazar got together. He's not a bad guy at all, he's kind of sweet and charming. Which I absolutely love! He may be a vampire and have lived for quite a while, but that is kind of sexy in it's own way.
- Simon, from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare Even though I've only been able to read City of Bones, I love Simon. He is a great and loyal friend to Clary. I can't wait to see what they will do to him in the movie. He may seem kind of dorky, but I picture him as one of those hot nerdy type of guys that you just fall in love with.
- Link, from Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl Link is a pretty good friend, though a bit blind at times. You don't see VERY much of him in the book, but he is hilarious when you do. I'm not sure if anyone else sees that, but to me he's hilarious. Maybe because of the image in my head of him? I dunno, but he is a pretty good friend in my books.
- Kimber, from Glimmerglass by Jenna Black Okay, so I didn't like her at first at all. I admit that. But after reading about her for a while, and seeing her vulnerable type side, then she starts looking like someone I may hang out with. She's kind of bouncy at times, but she's a good friend which you definitely see towards the end that she really does care about Dana.
- Issie, from Need by Carrie Jones Issie is a cute, loyal friend. My image of her is just so cute I want to go up and hug her. She just seems so small and child-like, but at the same time you can see she'd probably really get mean if you REALLY messed with someone she loved. I could really see myself being friends with her. She is just so fun to read about.
- Rue, from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins Even though you didn't see much of Rue, she was a great character. I loved her. She was so young, but yet so smart and loyal. You can tell that Rue and Katniss really bonded throughout the Hunger Games. Rue became like a little sister to Katniss and really reminded her a lot of her sister Prim.
Okay, so SOME were off the top of my head and some I had to really think about. This was a hard question. I wanted to pick characters I loved that most people may not list first.
If you'd like to participate in this, you can find more information out on the original post.