Jul 11, 2011

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway

Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway

Series: --
Next book in series: --
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: August 10, 2008
Hardcover: 320 Pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Add to Goodreads
Source: Own
Challenge: Off the Shelf
Overall: 5/5

When her ex writes a break-up song about her that rockets up the charts, Audrey is suddenly famous--she can't go out without being mobbed by fans and paparazzi. Readers can take a wild ride with Audrey as she makes headlines, confronts her ex on MTV, and shows the world who she really is. This irresistible, fast-paced novel has a totally hot new paperback cover! Its the song everyones singing. And its about her! But for Audrey, becoming famous overnight equals total, life-changing disaster. . .

First Paragraph: The day I broke up with my boyfriend Evan was the day he wrote the song. You know, the song. I'm sure you've heard it. Maybe you danced to it at prom or sang it in your car on a Friday night while you were driving and feeling like you must be inhuman to be this happy, the windows down and nothing but air around you. Your mom probably has hummed it while cleaning the dryer's lint trap, and your grandpa has most likely whistled a couple of bars. If he's the whistling type. 

Audrey, Wait! was the perfect book for my need of a good contemporary. I had read so many books that had magical themes in it, that I just needed a good "fluffy" read. I didn't want to put this one down. Why did I wait so long to read this again? 


I was hooked in by the first page. I wanted to know about this song and what happened to Audrey after her ex-boyfriend, Evan, wrote this song about her. I needed to know! 


I sat in bed a couple of nights reading this book for at least an hour before going to bed. Somedays I would even wait to read any of it until I was in bed, just so I could save it! But then I kept saying "oh just one more chapter" over and over again until I was nearly finished, and then just stayed up a little bit longer to finish it. 


The characters in this book are hilarious. Seriously. I love Audrey and all her sarcasm, and I love the relationship she has with her parents. I want her parents! Protective, but understands her sarcasm, most of the time. 


And James, I loved all his dorky cuteness. He was such a nerd at times, but oh so sweet! I wanted to find the ice cream shop he works at and give him a big hug!


Victoria. Oh what can I say about Victoria? Who is Audrey's best friend, who I absolutely loved but wanted to strange so many times over the fact that she wasn't getting Audrey's feeling on the whole famous thing. Audrey did not want to be famous, yet Victoria was loving having a friend who is the subject of that new popular song EVERYONE is listening to. 


And Victoria's boyfriend rocked! Just sayin'. 


All the characters in this book have amazing depth. Each one had their own fleshed out personalities. Everything felt real, and that is what makes a great story. 


The writing was fun to read and flowed well. And I loved the new song at the beginning of each chapter. =) 


Overall, very fun read. If you haven't read this yet (I think I may actually be one of the last people on here to read it. I'm so late!) do it NOW! Don't wait until later. Take a break from all the awesome fantasy and read a contemporary. 


Cover: The cover is nice, but I think I like the new paperback one better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...