Oct 19, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #16


Waiting on Wednsday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking The SpineWOW spotlights upcoming releases that you are dying to read and can't wait to get your hands on!
Note: All my links go to Goodreads, the author's website, and the publisher's website.
Release Date: October 18, 2011
Buy:  Amazon
Jill MacSweeney just wants everything to go back to normal. But ever since her dad died, she's been isolating herself from her boyfriend, her best friends--everyone who wants to support her. You can't lose one family member and simply replace him with a new one, and when her mom decides to adopt a baby, that's exactly what it feels like she's trying to do. And that's decidedly not normal. With her world crumbling around her, can Jill come to embrace a new member of the family?
Mandy Kalinowski knows what it's like to grow up unwanted--to be raised by a mother who never intended to have a child. So when Mandy becomes pregnant, she knows she wants a better life for her baby. But can giving up a child be as easy as it seems? And will she ever be able to find someone to care for her, too?
Critically acclaimed author and National Book Award finalist Sara Zarr delivers a heart-wrenching story, told from dual perspectives, about what it means to be a family and the many roads we can take to become one.


Okay, yes I'm aware that this came out today, well it will be the 19th when you see this. (My husband's 22nd birthday! Whoo!) But I really wanted to show this. I have only read one Sara Zarr book, and that was Story of a Girl. I read it a long time ago, but I remember that I loved it. I've been wanting to read another one of her books for a while (Well, all of them, but anyway.) so I definitely can't wait to get my hands on a copy of this. It sounds really good. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...