Nov 22, 2011

In Which I Wish I Could Read All Day

As some of you may have realized I've been a bit scarce on the blog and on Twitter this week. I've gotten a few e-mails asking where the heck I've been, which really surprised me and made me feel really good that you actually noticed I was kind of gone!

I went on an unofficial hiatus. After my first challenge post on Tuesday, my urge to blog, blog, blog and read, read, read just kind of went out the window. I  started reading Shadowspell, by Jenna Black on Sunday or Monday (the 13th or 14th!!) , and just didn't feel like reading much. Which made me mad because I was super excited to finally have worked my way to Shadowspell in my stack of library books. I didn't end up finishing Shadowspell until this Sunday that just passed. (The 20th.) Which was crazy! It's less than 300 pages for crying out loud. And it definitely wasn't because the book sucked, because it really didn't. I really liked it. The series is amazing.

I just really didn't feel like reading, or blogging. Or doing much, really. I've just been in a bleh mood lately. You know what I'm talking about?

My 8-month-old son is teething really bad and Orajel and other forms of teething remedies doesn't seem to help much and it's just crazy around here. He's messed up his schedule that was nearly perfect for us and it's so hard to get him to go to sleep! His normal schedule was he'd wake up around 9 to 10am, play for a bit and then I'd feed him a fruit or vegetable at around 12 to 1 and then give him his bath and put him in his crib for a nap around 12:30 to 1pm. And then he'd sleep for about an hour or sometimes even two hours and I'd wake him up and he'd play some more and sometimes nurse a bit until I fed him some more baby food around 6 to 8 depending and then I'd take him in the room to feed him to sleep (He sleeps with us. I know, I know what you're going to say...lol)at around 10pm. And it was amazing!

But now it's all over the place, it's sooo hard to get him to sleep now. So you can see why it's been crazy. I've also been trying to start writing again, I stopped working on my manuscript for a couple of months and all the buzz about NaNoWriMo made me want to start again. Normally I participate in NaNoWriMo, but this year I already had a manuscript I was working on and serious about and just all the craziness I knew I couldn't do it.

But anyway, I'm sorry for rambling. This was supposed to be a short post. But I just wanted to let everyone know I was fine, and that it may be a little slow around the blog for a few weeks. But I'm still alive. You can send me an e-mail anytime you want. And also, I'd love to see how your blogging schedule is. How you fit it in with everything else, and it would be even more helpful if you're a book review blogger AND you like to write novels. How do you fit in everything?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...