Dec 30, 2011

Top 10 of 2011: Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2012

Day five of the Top 10 of 2011 blog event that is hosted by Lisa @ A Life Bound By Books and Jessica @ Confessions of a Bookaholic, and co-hosted by Rachel @ Fiktshun and Jaime & Patricia @ Two Chicks on Books. Today's topic is: 
Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to in 2011
(Unearthly, #2)
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date:  January 17, 2012
For months part-angel Clara Gardner trained to face the raging forest fire from her visions and rescue the alluring and mysterious Christian Prescott from the blaze. But nothing could prepare her for the fateful decisions she would be forced to make that day, or the startling revelation that her purpose—the task she was put on earth to accomplish—is not as straightforward as she thought. Now, torn between her increasingly complicated feelings for Christian and her love for her boyfriend, Tucker, Clara struggles to make sense of what she was supposed to do the day of the fire. And, as she is drawn further into the world of part angels and the growing conflict between White Wings and Black Wings, Clara learns of the terrifying new reality that she must face: Someone close to her will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.
 Unearthly was one of my favorite books of 2011, so of course I'll have to read the sequel. I've been dying to get my hands on this book. Anyone want to send me a copy? ;) I'm dying to continue the story and, of course, read about Tucker! *fans self*
(Nightshade, #3)
Publisher: Philomel
Release Date:  January 3, 2012
The Ultimate Sacrifice.

Calla has always welcomed war. But now that the final battle is upon her, there’s more at stake than fighting. There’s saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay’s wrath. There’s keeping Ansel safe, even if he’s been branded a traitor. There’s proving herself as the pack’s alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers’ magic once and for all. And then there’s deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.  
This is my top favorite wolf series. And I LOVE werewolves! So that is really saying something, especially since most of you probably know my love for The Wolves of Mercy Falls series, by Maggie Stiefvater. I can't wait to see what happens with the final installment. I'm very sad to see it go, but I am dying to read it! I am so very jealous of you all who have ARCs and have read it. =( 
 3. Truth, by Julia Karr
(XVI, #2)
Publisher: Speak
Release Date:  January 19, 2012
Nina Oberon’s life has changed enormously in the last few months. When her mother was killed, Nina discovered the truth about her father, the leader of the Resistance. And now she sports the same Governing Council–ordered tattoo of XVI on her wrist that all sixteen-year-old girls have. The one that announces to the world that she is easy prey to predators. But Nina won’t be anyone’s stereotype. And when she joins an organization of girls working within the Resistance, she knows that they can put an end to one of the most terrifying secret programs the GC has ever conceived. Because the truth always comes out...and the consequences can be deadly.
XVI was one of my favorite dystopians and 2011 debuts, so I can't wait to read it's sequel. Julia Karr has created an intriguing and scary world.  

Publisher: Greenwillow Books
Release Date:  February 28, 2012
Eden won the battle-she saved her true love from the darkest evil. But the war has only just begun. With secrets swirling around her, powerful allies unraveling, and life-and death-as she knows it eroding, Eden and those she loves tread dangerous ground. Can she trust anyone? Will her unearthly powers be her salvation or her downfall? A sweeping, dark, and sexy paranormal romance that will haunt readers with an inventive mythology and a cinematic New York City filled with shadows and longing.
The first book in this series was another one of my favorite 2011 Debuts. I can't wait to continue this series and see what happens to Eden and Az. <3 I want this book so bad. I love the covers for this series. 
(Hex Hall, #3)
Publisher: Hyperion
Release Date:  March 13, 2012
Hailed as “impossible to put down,” the Hex Hall series has both critics and teens cheering. With a winning combination of romance, action, magic and humor, this third volume will leave readers enchanted.

Just as Sophie Mercer has come to accept her extraordinary magical powers as a demon, the Prodigium Council strips them away. Now Sophie is defenseless, alone, and at the mercy of her sworn enemies—the Brannicks, a family of warrior women who hunt down the Prodigium. Or at least that’s what Sophie thinks, until she makes a surprising discovery. The Brannicks know an epic war is coming, and they believe Sophie is the only one powerful enough to stop the world from ending. But without her magic, Sophie isn’t as confident.

Sophie’s bound for one hell of a ride—can she get her powers back before it’s too late?
I fell in love with this series this year, so I am dying to see what happens to Sophie in the third (and last?) book! I have so many questions that I hope will be answered in Spell Bound. 
Release Date: April 3, 2012
Cassel Sharpe knows he’s been used as an assassin, but he’s trying to put all that behind him. He’s trying to be good, even though he grew up in a family of con artists and cheating comes as easily as breathing to him. He’s trying to do the right thing, even though the girl he loves is inextricably connected with crime. And he’s trying to convince himself that working for the Feds is smart, even though he’s been raised to believe the government is the enemy.

But with a mother on the lam, the girl he loves about to take her place in the Mob, and new secrets coming to light, the line between what’s right and what’s wrong becomes increasingly blurred. When the Feds ask Cassel to do the one thing he said he would never do again, he needs to sort out what’s a con and what’s truth. In a dangerous game and with his life on the line, Cassel may have to make his biggest gamble yet—this time on love.
Another ending to a series that I am dying to read. I read the first two books this year and loved them. I even got my husband into this series, so we are looking forward to this one. So sad it's ending though. =( 
(Bloodlines, #2)
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: June 19, 2012
The second thrilling installment in Richelle Mead’s Vampire Academy spinoff series.

Tough, brainy alchemist Sydney Sage and doe-eyed Moroi princess Jill Dragomir are in hiding at a human boarding school in the sunny, glamorous world of Palm Springs, California. The students—children of the wealthy and powerful—carry on with their lives in blissful ignorance, while Sydney, Jill, Eddie and Adrian must do everything in their power to keep their secret safe. But with forbidden romances, unexpected spirit bonds, and the threat of Strigoi moving ever closer, hiding the truth is harder than anyone thought.
  Richelle Mead. C'mon, can't go wrong with her. Plus, it's the sequel to the spin-off series of Vampire Academy. Vampire Academy people! 
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Release Date: June 26, 2012
Elise is a normal seventeen-year-old girl until the day she wakes up in a desert park, with no idea who she is.

After that episode, her life takes a bizarre turn. She’s experiencing unexpected flashes of insight into people’s lives—people she’s never met before. Strangers frighten her with warnings about the approaching Shadows. And although Elise has never had a boyfriend, she suddenly finds herself torn between two handsome but very different young men: Abe, the charming bad boy whose affect on her both seduces and frightens her, and the mysterious Harlin, who’s new to town but with whom Elise feels an urgent, elemental connection—almost as if they are soul mates.

Now Elise begins to question everything about her life. Why do these guys both want her so desperately? What are the Shadows? Why does the name Charlotte inspire a terrifying familiarity? And who is Elise, really?
The first book was amazing and unique. So naturally I would be dying to read this book! And look at that gorgeous cover! And I didn't think the covers could get better after the first books! I was wrong. =D  
Release Date: March 27, 2012
Jana Oliver's third spellbinding Demon Trappers novel - following The Demon Trapper's Daughter and Soul Thief - brings all new thrills, as Riley Blackthorne takes on demons, love... and the future of the human race.

The days are growing darker for 17-year-old demon trapper Riley Blackthorne. With her father’s reanimated body back safely, Beck barely speaking to her because of a certain hunky Fallen angel, and a freshly-made deal with Lucifer, she has enough on her hands to last a normal teenage lifetime. Though she bargained with Heaven to save his life, her ex-boyfriend Simon has told the Vatican’s Demon Hunters that she’s working with Hell. So now she’s in hiding, at the top of everyone’s most-wanted list. But it’s becoming clear that this is bigger than Riley, and rapidly getting out of control:  something sinister is happening in Atlanta… or someone. The demons are working together for the first time ever and refusing to die, putting civilians in harm’s way. Riley thinks she might know who’s behind it all, but who’s going to believe her? Caught between her bargain with Heaven and her promise to Lucifer, Riley fears the final war is coming – and it may be closer than anyone thinks…
I love, love, love this series! I'm very sad this is the ending, but soooo excited to read it. I want more Beck, and, of course, Riley. =D But omg Beck! *drools*
(Timeless, #2)
Release Date: December 2012
"What if I'm the only one who remembers?

What if it's just me who feels the missing touch, hears the sound of laughter long gone, and sees the two of us in a forgotten New York? He looks through me, his expression unfazed and innocent--and it's that ambivalence that cuts like a knife. Could he be playing a role...or did he actually forget me?

I can't look away from the nauseating scene-Philip at the lunch table beside the notoriously flirty Jessica Morgan, his unmistakable blue eyes sparkling as they share a joke. He breaks into that signature smile of his, and for the first time, I find it heartbreaking. But then, isn't that always the case with a smile--when you know it's not meant for you?

I wish I could stop this speeding train of jealousy, but I can't help it, it hurts so much I want to bleed. To have him back, just as he promised-but not remember what we once were? It's as though Time is playing a particularly cruel game.

And then, his glance meets mine. I've been caught staring, but I hold my gaze. And so does he. I catch Jessica touching his arm, trying to regain his focus, but he looks at me longer than he should before turning back to his lunch date.

It's a small victory, but I savor it. He can't have forgotten me completely..."
This book doesn't have a cover yet, but I bet it's going to be just as beautiful as the first book. I LOVED Timeless, it was one of my favorite books of 2011 and a great 2011 Debut! It's unique and just beautiful. So I can't wait to see what happens next! Hope I can get my hands on a copy in the near future! December 2012 is way too far away!


I have so many books I'm looking forward to, so I'm not going to do an Honorable mentions. If you'd like to know more, just ask me or go to my Goodreads page and go under 2012 books. =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...