Feb 5, 2012

Past, Present, & Future Reading #5

Past, Present, & Future Reading Pile is a new feature on my blog where I "hopefully" post every Monday to keep track of the books I've read the week before, what I'm currently reading and which books I hope to start and finish during that week.
The Past
(Shifters, #1)
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: June 1, 2007
There are only eight breeding female werecats left . . . And I'm one of them.I look like an all-American grad student. But I am a werecat, a shape-shifter, and I live in two worlds.Despite reservations from my family and my Pride, I escaped the pressure to continue my species and carved out a normal life for myself. Until the night a Stray attacked.I'd been warned about Strays -- werecats without a Pride, constantly on the lookout for someone like me: attractive, female, and fertile. I fought him off, but then learned two of my fellow tabbies had disappeared.This brush with danger was all my Pride needed to summon me back . . . for my own protection. Yeah, right. But I'm no meek kitty. I'll take on whatever -- and whoever -- I have to in order to find my friends. Watch out, Strays -- 'cause I got claws, and I'm not afraid to use them . . .
Another re-read. =) I love this series. <3 You can read my review here.

(Shifters, #2)
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: April 1, 2008
Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet. 
I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.
But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear...
Yet another re-read! I promise the next book I read will not be a re-read! =D My review should be up tomorrow. =)

Total Books Read: 2
The Present
(Shifters, #3)
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: February 1, 2009
I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend--and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride--along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.I'm two for three. A goner.Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I "think" I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council."If" I survive my own trial...
I just started this today, so I'm not very far into it. I'm on page 60. I'm really excited to be reading this one because it's the first book I haven't read in this series. I only read the first two books when I started the series and never got to this one. =D I love this series.
The Future
I didn't read The Carrier of the Mark this week, even though I had planned on it. I'm going to try and read it this week. =) After I finish Pride, I want to continue on with the series and read Prey. Not sure if I will get to  The Carrier of the Mark, but it will definitely be next. I need to get my hands on the last two books in the Shifters series from the library once I finish. 

What books did you read this week? What are you currently reading? What do you plan on reading this week?

Happy reading and I hope you have an awesome week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...