Feb 6, 2012

Rogue, by Rachel Vincent

Rogue, by Rachel Vincent
(Shifters, #2)
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: April 1, 2008
Mass Market Paperback: 394 pages
Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Buy: Amazon
Source: Bought
Challenge: Off the Shelf
Rating:Photobucket
Shelf WorthyRecommendFavorite To learn more about my rating badges, click here!
I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on and off duty.But not all my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear....
This is yet another re-read of mine. I wanted to re-read the series in order to continue on with the third book and the rest of the series. I'm so happy to be diving back into this world, I forgot how much I loved it. The beginning of the book starts off as a couple of months after the ending of the first book. She's made a deal with her dad, which I'm not going to tell you what because I don't want to give anything away, but it's a good deal and benefits both of them. She stays at the Lazy S ranch with her family and those she grew up with and she's working as an enforcer for her dad, which I loved!

Faythe definitely kicks ass and you dive into that in the beginning. She's a strong and stubborn woman, and I love that in her character. She's no damsel in distress, which makes me very happy because it's so refreshing! Sometimes it's okay to let your man come to your aid, but you also need to learn to defend for yourself.

And speaking of men, *le sigh* I love Marc. He is just so yummy. Definitely a man to add to all of your Book Boyfriends list. He has a temper and he's pretty possessive, but in a weird way that is just kind of sexy with him. You know what I mean? Him and Faythe are perfect for each other. They may seriously push each other's buttons sometimes, but they are two halves to a whole.

I love all the other characters as well, they just jump off the page. They've all kind of grown from the first book, and I'm very happy about it. It makes everything all the more real.

There are a few "minor" characters that you don't see very often, though they are there, from the first book come back in this one and it will definitely make your jaw drop. I even like the bad guys! I mean, yes, they make me angry. But gosh, they are so real and intriguing! And this book also adds a very interesting female character to the cast and I'm very curious to learn more about her.

Overall, this book won't disappoint you after finishing the first book. It is just as intriguing. This series has action, mystery, romance and will never fail to make you laugh. I highly recommend it. You'll never get enough of it. =)
Note & Warning: Just as I said with the first book in this series, it's an Adult series. There are some scenes  in this book that may not be suitable for those under the age of 16.
The third book in this series is called Pride. It was released on February 1, 2009.Click here for my review of the first book, Stray

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...