May 25, 2012

The Last Echo, by Kimberly Derting

The Last Echo, by Kimberly Derting
(The Body Finder, #3)
Author Info: Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date: April 17, 2012
Hardcover: 360 pages
Genre: Young Adult Paranormal
Buy: Amazon
Read it in: 4 days
Source: Gifted
Challenge: TBR Pile, ABC Reading
Rating: 
Shelf WorthyRecommendFavorite To learn more about my rating badges, click here
In the end, all that's left is an echo...
Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her family and her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet's talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it's Violet's job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by "the girlfriend collector" she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new "relationship" and Violet may have caught his eye....
 Wow, okay. So let's keep track of my ratings for this series so far: The Body Finder=5 stars, Desires of the Dead=4 stars, and now The Last Echo=5 stars. WHAT?! This series is amazing! The first book was amazing--but the sequel, Desires of the Dead--didn't really catch me right away. It wasn't my favorite, but I still enjoyed it. And then here comes The Last Echo and it completely blows the second book to pieces.

I can't figure out which is my favorite now, Book One, or now Book Three. How do I decide?! This isn't how a normal series goes. SOMETIMES the books get better each book, but most just start losing feeling. But this series is just wow. I really have no words. I can't describe anything right now.

The suspense completely killed me in this book. I mean, after reading the first two books, I was watching out for the suspense. It was inevitable. But it was A LOT stronger in this book and just completely had me gripping the sides of the book while reading it. I was so scared! My heart was beating so fast.

Though this book has a paranormal twist, it still feels VERY real. You believe EVERY word that you see in this book. Because it's REAL. (I don't mean real, real. Just real as in, you FEEL like it IS real.)Violet is an average--excluding her body finding ability--teenager with average teenage problems. Which I love about Violet. She's REAL.

And ugh, the love triangle. It makes me so furious! I hate love triangles 90% of the time. But this one I don't mind because it's real. (I'm going to use that word a lot in this review apparently....) I don't know who I like more. I mean, I adore Jay. I've adored him from the start. But there's also just something about Rafe, and it's not just the fact that he understands Violet and that he has abilities. There's something there that just makes you want to play "What if...?"

Overall, there isn't much I can say on this book. It was amazing. Completely drew me in and I couldn't stop, it was addiciting! If you haven't read this series yet, I really hope you will. I wish I'd read them along time ago. You don't just get in Violet's head, but you also get into the creepy head of the suspect they are looking for.
The fourth novel is currently Untitled. It is set to be released 2013. 
 Reviews for other books in series:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...