Jun 3, 2011

Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

 Linger by Maggie Steifvater


Series: The Wolves of Mercy Falls, book #2
Read my review of Shiver
Next book in series: Forever
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: July 13, 2010
Hardcover: 360 Pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Add to Goodreads
Source: Own
Challenge: A-Z Challenge, Off the Shelf, Book Blogger Recommendation, 350 Page
Overall: 5/5

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other.  Now, inLinger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past . . . and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack.  And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves . . . and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.
At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love -- the light and the dark, the warm and the cold -- in a way you will never forget.
First Paragraph: This is the story of a boy who used to be a wolf and a girl who was becoming one. 

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't even know what to say! And how many times have you seen me say that on this blog? Ha ha. I just finished Linger about ten minutes ago. I cannot believe the ending! I want to scream! My mind cannot wrap around all of this. I really wish I had Forever in my hands right now. This is going to bug me until I finally do get to read it. 


Maggie Stiefvater has done it again. Linger was amazing. Not as good as Shiver, but almost! Still five stars. The writing in this sequel was beautiful and lyrical just like the first, but has a little bit more of a darker edge. 


And just like the first novel you are able to get in the heads of Sam and Grace, but they aren't the only ones this time around! You are able to get into Isabel's head and a new character, Cole. I enjoyed reading Isabel's point of view and Cole's, as well! I have loved Isabel from the beginning, she's among my favorite characters. At first I didn't like Cole very much, but I definitely do now! I was able to get to know him a lot throughout the book. 


I can't wait for Forever! The ending left with a huge cliffhanger! VERY huge! I NEED to know what happens. I cried at the end for Sam and Grace. Fate is against them, but they aren't ready to give up! It's so tragic and beautiful and it leaves you breathless. 


Overall, this was amazing and is definitely my favorite wolf series out there. 
Cover: Just as amazing as the first. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...