Sep 12, 2011

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

The Lost Saint  by Bree Despain
(The Dark Divine #2)
Publisher: Egmont USA
Release Date: December 28, 2010
Hardcover: 416 pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Source: library
Challenge: Support Your Local Library, 350 Page
Overall: 5 star rating
A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns.
Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.
Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger - in more ways than one.
Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her - not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung. 


Oh my! When I first started this, I didn't think I would like it as good as the first one. I mean, books are rarely as good as their prequel. But wow! By the middle of the book I was hooked back into the story and couldn't put it down, it was nearly as enthralling as the first. 


Some things are a lot different in this book, that is because a lot has changed, of course, and the characters have grown. I think the main person who has grown and changed is Grace. I mean wow, she's grown a lot. She really knows how to take care of herself, mostly. 


I really liked the new character Talbot in the beginning, though I knew all along that he was a bit suspicious. But that is all I'm going to say, because I don't want to spoil anything. 


Overall, it was awesome. Bree is a great writer and I can't wait to read the next book in the series! 


The cover is very pretty, just like the first one. I love the black backgrounds and the pretty colorful fabric on the front covering the girls. It's simple, yet beautiful. 


The third book in the series is called The Savage Grace. It's expected release date is March 13th, 2012. My review of The Dark Divine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...