Sep 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday #1

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday they post a question for a list of ten things. 

This is my first time participating in the Top Ten Tuesday, I saw The Story Siren participating this week and I thought the question was interesting, so I thought I'd give it a go. 

Top Ten Books I feel As Though Everyone Has Read But Me

  1. Luxe series by Anna Godbersen. Actually, make that anything by Anna Godbersen. I've had the first book in the Luxe series for a long time, I think before the last book came out. But I haven't gotten around to reading it yet!! Why? I've heard it is really good. I actually let my Mema borrow it because I thought she might like it because of the synopsis, but I haven't even read it yet! Both Anna Godbersen's series is on my to-read list, hopefully I'll get around to them soon! 
  2. Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. I love, love, love True Blood, but haven't gotten around to actually reading the books yet. I have the first two books in the series, and I have the first book under my nightstand to read soon. Hopefully I'll be picking it up before 2012.
  3. Anything by Jackson Pearce. This probably should have actually been number one. Seriously.  I feel as though EVERYONE in the world has read books by her but me. Even people not from this planet. I watch her Youtube videos. She's absolutely hilarious. I admire her. Why have I not read anything by her?? Her books sound awesome, and I've heard NOTHING but great things. Really need to find a way to get a hold of her books soon. 
  4. Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr. I own the first four books in this series, but have not read them yet. Though the first book is yet another one that is under my nightstand. Really hope to at least begin this series before the end of 2011. Please, oh, please?!
  5. Beastly by Alex Flinn. This book was first published in 2000. That was almost 12 years ago! I've been recommended this book SO many times. First by one of my really good friends, Emily. But have yet to read it. I have also watched the movie and loved it! If the movie was great, I know the book has to be even more so. 
  6. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan. Another book recommended to me constantly and that has been out for a long time. Also, I own this movie and really like it. So why haven't I read this book? Or anything for that matter by these two writers?
  7. Anything by Nicholas Sparks. Seriously. I'm not kidding. I feel like everyone has read at least ONE book by Nicholas. I adore his movies. So why haven't I read the books? I own The Notebook. Hmm.
  8. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I know, I know. You are probably totally ready to start throwing vegetables or something at me. I haven't read this series yet. Though I do own the first book, The Iron King. I have heard AMAZING things about this series, but haven't gotten around to it yet. Boo! But it is on my A to Z challenge list for this year, so hopefully I'll have it read soon. 
  9. Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R Ward. Some of you may not know what this series is because it's an adult series, but I have seen this everywhere through the blogosphere and have been dying to read it, but haven't gotten around to. Kristi from The Story Siren really seems to love them. I'll have to check them out soon. 
  10. The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black. Last, but definitely not least is this series by the amazing Holly Black. I know this technically isn't true since I did read one (Don't remember which one.) in middle school a while back when I didn't realize it was a series. I do remember liking it though. It drove me crazy for years when I went to try and find the book again to read it again and see who wrote it, until I saw it on blogs. I've been wanting to read it ever since. I have read the Curseworker's series and absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. So I will definitely have to pick this series up soon. 
This was such a hard list to make up, though I definitely didn't have trouble finding one. Just trying to pick through ALL the books I haven't read. *le sigh* So many books, so little, little, LITTLE, time. =( If you're interested in more books I haven't read, click here for my list on Goodreads. 

What are ten books/series that you feel as though everyone but you have read?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...