Oct 30, 2011

Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White

Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White
(Paranormalcy, #1)
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: August 31, 2010
Hardcover: 335 pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Source: Library
Challenge: Support Your Local Library, Book Blogger Recommendation
Rating: 5 star rating
Weird as it is working for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, Evie’s always thought of herself as normal. Sure, her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she's falling for a shape-shifter, and she's the only person who can see through paranormals' glamours, but still. Normal.
Only now paranormals are dying, and Evie's dreams are filled with haunting voices and mysterious prophecies. She soon realizes that there may be a link between her abilities and the sudden rash of deaths. Not only that, but she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.
So much for normal.


I know I've said this a lot this year, but why the hell did I wait so long to read this one?! I know it only came out last year, but I've been meaning to read this one since before it came out, but never got around to it! When I snagged it at the library I was ecstatic, but had to wait until I read a few other books from the library. But gosh, this book was amazing! 


I liked Evie from the start, she was hilarious and I was only a few pages in at the time. I knew I would be hooked from the start, and I wasn't disappointed. It lured me in and didn't push me out of the book until the end. I really need to get a hold of the sequel soon before I go absolutely nuts. I'm addicted! Oh, and if you are wondering, I am Team Lend. I love Lend! He was a great character and so sweet and friendly! He also has a super cool ability to turn into anyone he sees. But when he is himself, he is clear like water. Who wouldn't want to have that sort of ability?


Also, Evie has a special ability too! She can see through all supernatural beings 'glamours' to see their real form underneath. Say it was a vampire she was looking at. They could have an awesome young shell on the outside, but underneath their glamour they would look about how old they really are. With near bald heads and wrinkled old faces. It's awesome! I love Kiersten's take on all the supernatural beings in this series. And there are a lot! Vampires, werewolves, mermaids, fairies, hags! And sooo many more! It's just such a fresh take! Very unique tone to the story and the writing is great!


Overall, there isn't much I can say about this book other than it was great. Kiersten White, you have definitely made it to my author watch list. Thank you so much for writing such an awesome book. 


The cover is gorgeous! Love Evie's dress! The model on the front fits Evie perfectly. 


The second book in this series is Supernaturally. It was released on July 26th, 2011





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...