Nov 21, 2011

Shadowspell, by Jenna Black

Release Date: January 4, 2011
Paperback: 295 pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Source: library
Rating:  4 stars 
Shelf WorthyRecommendTo learn more about my rating badges, click here
On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queen, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon, the only place on Earth where humans and Fae live together. Which means Dana’s in trouble, since it’s common knowledge that the Faerie Queen wants her – and her rare Faeriewalker powers – dead. The smoldering, sexy Erlking’s got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind?
First off, I'd like to say that I didn't like this as much as I loved the first. I can't exactly tell you why, I guess it's just because I liked the plot better in the first book? I did like this one, though.  I really liked it. It seemed like not a lot happened. I really liked Black's add in of the Erkling, it really added a lot in. I was wondering what would happen without her aunt Grace around, though she did appear in this one, just not a lot.

I was hoping to get more Ethan, and I got it. I really like Ethan, but at times I really want her to be with Keane. I like Keane. I also liked Dana a bit more in the sequel than I did in the first book. She's grown up a bit in a short period of time and she was a little less whiny in this one than I thought she was in the first book.

Overall, I can't wait to read the third book. I'll most likely be picking it up as soon as I can from the library. Jenna is a great writer and I want to pick up another one of her series soon. This is definitely a book you want to pick up if you like fae. It's very unique.
The third book in the series is called Sirensong. It was released on July 5th, 2011.Read my review of Glimmerglass here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...