Nov 5, 2011

Top 10 books I'm Thankful For


Beth Revis is having an EPICLY AWESOME contest over at her website. You write up a post of books you are thankful for to enter. I think this is an awesome idea and would make a great post. You get to write up a post about books you are thankful for to win books!! Isn't that awesome? And it's NINETEEN books! To find out more information on her contest, go here.

I'm going to list ten books/series that I am thankful for. It isn't all of them, but it is some of the top. And here goes! And keep in mind that they are in so specific order, I'm just listing them as they pop into my head. Also, I'd like to mention that throughout my time, I have went through some pretty long reading slumps. Some weren't THAT long, but some were. Maybe it was because of school or whatever, but most of these books are what took me out of them. 

1. Harry Potter series, by J.K Rowling. 
I know, this is probably on everyone's post. But I can't help but put it on here. I've always loved reading, but this definitely pulled me in more. Even though I watched the first movie before even starting the series. But I've grown up with this series! I'm very thankful for these books for getting me more into reading. Especially big books. They pulled me in on a series of great adventures, and I'll never forget that. =) Thank you so much Jo Rowling!
2. Vampire Academy series, by Richelle Mead
I started this series before Shadow Kiss was out. I fell in love with the summary a long time ago and begged for the first book for my birthday. I didn't read it right away, but once I did I HAD to have the second book.  I was hooked from the beginning. This series is another one that helped me out of my reading slump and has kept me reading throughout the years to finish up the series. Thank you so much Richelle Mead!
3. Uglies trilogy, by Scott Westerfeld
I'm thankful for this series, because even though I didn't know it when I read the series, this is what started my love for dystopians. Thank you Scott Westerfeld!
4. The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins
Yes, this is a series that I just read this year, but it pulled me out of one of my reading slumps. I didn't read much last year. But at the end of the year I started reading the first book and it sucked me in and quickly became one of my favorite series. It got me to start blogging again. Thank you Suzanne Collins!
5. Twilight series, by Stephenie Meyer
Even though the movies have nearly destroyed my love for the series (I do like the movies, but just the craze has gotten to me. I try and separate the movies and books.) I still love them and I'm thankful for them. They pulled me out of yet ANOTHER reading slump a while back and what inspired me to start book blogging back before Eclipse was out. Thank you Stephenie Meyer!
6. Nancy Drew series, by Carolyn Keene
I remember devouring these books when I was in elementary school. I loved the mystery and I remember being creeped out by them when I was little, ha! But they partook in my love for reading too, so I am thankful! Thank you Carolyn Keene!
7. Princess Diaries series, by Meg Cabot
How could I not mention these? I need to re-read them soon! I remember one of my best friends reading these in elementary school and into middle school and one day I asked her why she liked them so much. I don't remember what she said, but the next time I went to the library I checked out the first book and then was quickly going back for more and more. Thank you Meg Cabot!
8. The Morganville Vampire series, by Rachel Caine
The first time I read Glass Houses, I had it checked out from the library and was hooked. But then I lost it and by the time I found it I had to bring it back to the library and didn't get to finish it. So I asked for the books that were currently out, the first five, for my birthday. I got them all, but didn't start reading them until about a year later. Once I did I was hooked and it took me out of yet another reading slump. I think I read the first five books in 2 days, I can't remember, but I remember reading all day long. Thank you Rachel Caine!
9. Shifters series, by Rachel Vincent
I am thankful for this series for getting me into wanting to read more adult urban fantasy books. I've only read the first two books, but I absolutely adore them. I plan to re-read the first two books and continue with the series soon! Also, they entertained me on a long trip to Key West! Thank you Rachel Vincent!
10. Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen
If I remember correctly, this book is what got me more into contemporary, coming of age, genre. I got it randomly for my birthday one year and hadn't even heard of it. I read it one night and couldn't stop until I finished it. I highly recommend this book. I really need to re-read it again soon. Thank you Sarah Dessen!

I'm sorry I couldn't explain very well. I have SO many more books that I am thankful for, but those were the top ones that popped into my head as I was writing this post. 

What books are you thankful for? I'd love to know!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...