Dec 23, 2011

It's Not Summer Without You, by Jenny Han

(Summer, #2)
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Release Date: April 27, 2010
Hardcover: 288 pages
Age Group: Young Adult
Buy: Amazon
Source: Library
Rating: 4 stars
Shelf WorthyRecommendFavoriteTo learn more about my rating badges, click here!
Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started--at Cousins Beach.

Wow. That's all I can say right now about this book. I loved it. The beginning made me really happy and then something got thrown out at me and I literally dropped the book. I couldn't believe it. It made me terribly sad. I'm not going to go into detail because I don't want to spoil anything, but oh my God.  My heart really broke when I read that first line about it. 

This book was a lot different than the first. Which took some time to getting used to.  It was amazing though. Before picking this book up, I was saving it. I was saving it to read and then read the third and final book right after it. But after picking up several books and failing to read them during my Read-a-Thon, I knew I had to pick this up. Even though the books I had started and put down were books I was looking forward to reading. And it's not the books, it's just the complete rut I was in. I wanted to read, but just...couldn't. But wow, this really yanked me out of it! 


Belly has done a lot of growing up. A LOT. And so had Conrad, Jeremiah, and even Steven. How can you not with what happened? My heart goes out to them. There were a couple of small chapters in this book that was in Jeremiah's point-of-view, which I loved. I was glad to get into his head and wonder what was going on inside there. 


Overall, I can't say much more about this. I love this series. It's very well written and beautiful. If you haven't read it yet, do it soon. You won't be sorry. 
The third book in this series is called We'll Always Have Summer. It was released on April 26th, 2011. My review of the first book, The Summer I Turned Pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...