Feb 9, 2012

Pride, by Rachel Vincent

Pride, by Rachel Vincent
(Shifters, #3)
Publisher: Mira
Release Date: February 1, 2009
Mass Market Paperback: 425 pages
Genre: Adult Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance
Buy: Amazon
Source: Library
Challenge: TBR Pile
Rating: Photobucket

Shelf WorthyRecommendFavorite To learn more about my rating badges, click here!
I'm on trial for my life. Falsely accused of infecting my human ex-boyfriend--and killing him to cover up the crime. Infecting a human is one of three capital offenses recognized by the Pride--along with murder and disclosure of our existence to a human.I'm two for three. A goner.Now we've discovered a rogue stray terrorizing the mountainside, hunting a wild teenage tabbycat. It's up to us to find and stop him before a human discovers us. With my lover Marc's help, I "think" I can protect the vulnerable girl from both the ambitious rogue and the scheming of the territorial council."If" I survive my own trial...
Wow. I don't know what to say about this one. It was so different. I loved it, though not as much as the first two. It continues a bit after the last book ended and Faythe is put on trial for her actions in the last book. I love Faythe, she's such a strong character even with knowing that anything could happen with the trial. She's strong and puts on a great front and is still brave enough to stand up for what she believes in, even though her mouth gets her into serious trouble more often than not.

All the characters are great. Even the bad guys. I swear, Malone got such a strong reaction from me throughout the whole book. I despised him with every part of my being and I voiced it pretty loudly to my husband who I got to start the series and he went past me while I was re-reading the first two books.

You have got to love a book that makes you feel strongly--though negatively--about a bad guy in the story.

There is a lot of action in this series, and I love it. This one was kind of creepy in parts and it left me with my eyes wide open in horror at what was happening. Which is a good thing, don't get me wrong! It keeps you on your toes and your fingers turning the pages at the speed of lightning.

Overall, this series is amazing. I think it is definitely my favorite Adult series. I don't think I've read anything of Rachel's I didn't like. I plan on reading all of her series. (I've only read these first three books of the Shifters series and then the first book in her Young Adult series Soul Screamers.) Also, I actually found myself holding my breath at many scenes in this book. Have you ever found yourself doing that? I was so worried for Faythe. If you've read the first two books in this series but haven't gotten around to reading this one yet, do so now. I waited too long and now I'm upset with myself for not reading it sooner.

Note & Warning: Again, this is an Adult series. There are some scenes  in this book that may not be suitable for those under the age of 16. There is also some pretty gruesome scenes in this book relating to man-eaters. 
The fourth book in this series is called Prey. It was released on July 1, 2009. Click for my reviews on Stray & Rogue

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like it! It's one of my favorite adult series as well. Soooo different! But this one had me SO emotionally frustrated. I admit I even once threw the book. Hard. Although on my bed. I wanted to claw certain people ;o (I'm sure you know who I mean...) Great review! The last one is my favorite... Wow is all I can say. ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I'm currently on the 5th book. This series is amazing, but just gah! So many emotions while reading them. I get so emotionally frustrated reading them as well. But they are so addicting!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...