Jun 22, 2012

Torment, by Lauren Kate

Series: Fallen, #2
Author Info: Website / Twitter / Facebook
Publisher: Delecorte Books for Young Readers
Release Date: September 28, 2010
Paperback: 452 pages
Genre: Young Adult - Paranormal Romance
Buy: Amazon
Read it in: 6 days
Source: Own
Challenge: TBR Pile, ABC Reading
Rating: 
Shelf WorthyRecommendFavorite
Hell on earth.
That’s what it’s like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel.It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts—immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students: Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn’t told her everything. He’s hiding something—something dangerous.
What if Daniel’s version of the past isn’t actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?
 I'm so happy I was finally able to read this! I read Fallen in 2011, but never moved on to read Torment. So this year I re-read Fallen and FINALLY dove into Torment. Though Torment wasn't as good as Fallen, it was still amazing and gave you a lot more history on things and Luce was able to find out a lot more about her past lives than she knew in the first book.

Daniel, unfortunately, wasn't in it as much as I was hoping. Boo! BUT after starting the book and learning about the truce, he was in it more than I expected after all that. Which I was happy for. I love Daniel! I'm starting to like Cam again after all the crap at the end of Fallen, but I'm still team Daniel!

I know a lot of people think that this series is a "Been there, done that." series. But I don't think so. Yes, some parts have been done before, but a lot of it is unique and extremely addicting. EXTREMELY. So much that I went ahead and ordered Passion and Rapture.

You meet a lot of new characters in this book as well. Miles and Shelby, whom I absolutely ADORE! At times I was getting mad at Miles, since I'm team Daniel, but at other times I was all "Awww..." and falling under his spell. He's a great guy. =) Shelby is a great friend, at first I was a little annoyed by her, but as soon as she started opening up and being nice to Luce, I started really liking her.

Overall, this is a great series. The writing and plot is addicting and the characters are well developed and you find yourself flipping through pages faster than you think you can even read. You go through so many emotions as well, at least I do. I'll be happy and then I'll be heart broken and it's just so emotional with Luce and Daniel and heart-wrenching at times and sometimes I really need a box of tissues sitting beside me when it involves them.
Read my review of the first book:


Fallen
Yes, I'm aware this is the Australian book trailer, but I couldn't find a US one. Still the same book, so who cares? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...